The finalists selected for the IMS2016 Student Paper Competition will be formally announced after 29 February, 2016. Notification will only be sent to those who are selected as finalists. If you do not receive such a notification, your paper has not been selected. As a finalist, you will be required to do a poster presentation during the student paper competition session. This session is in addition to your normal paper session requirements described in your conference acceptance email.
IMS2016 Student Paper Competition Rules
1. The purpose of the Student Paper Competition is to recognize outstanding technical contributions from individual students. In general, only one or two authors are allowed for each Student Paper: The first author must be the student; the second author would normally be the student's major advisor.
Student Submission Requirements
2. All students wishing to participate in the competition are required to follow the regular Symposium submission process for papers. Papers must be identified as Student Paper Competition submissions during the electronic submission process (deadline: Monday, 7 December, 2015).
3. To be considered, the student must have been a full-time student (enrolled for a minimum of nine hours per term as graduate students or twelve hours per term as undergraduates) during the time the work was performed.
4. Student Paper Finalists will be selected and recommended by the Technical Paper Review Committee (TPRC) from the eligible Student paper submissions.
6. Student Paper Competition paper submissions are evaluated for acceptance by the Technical Paper Review Committee (TPRC) the same as any other regular paper submissions. Only those papers that are accepted for presentation at the Symposium, are identified as Student Paper submissions, and meet the criteria listed above are eligible for consideration to participate in the Student Paper Competition.
7. Confirmed finalist will receive special recognition at the IMS2016 conference.
Student Paper Finalist Verification and Competition Requirements
9. The Student Paper Finalists must present the papers at the assigned Symposium session, and also at the Student Paper Competition's Interactive Forum (separate from the regular Interactive Forum Sessions).
10. Judging will be performed by a specially formed Student Paper Competition Committee of experts. The winners will be announced and awards will be presented during the Student Award Luncheon on Thursday (26 May, 2016) to be held in IMS2016.